Friday, May 16, 2014

Groomsen and Bridesmaid


The best man and maid of honor have more of a role than just traditionally planning the groom and bride`s bachelor or bachelorette parties, but are typically also the official witnesses for the marriage itself. And during the reception they are one of the few people who delivers a speech to the newly weds and grant them a long and happy life together.


 While there is already so much going on for the engaged couple before and during their actual wedding there are some people appointed to per say attend the bride and the groom. There are the groomsmen and the bridesmaid. These people are the little party of the either bride or groom. Then within these chosen people there is the title of the best man for the groom and the maid of honor (if unmarried) or matron of honor (if the woman is already married). The groomsmen and bridesmaids are often close friends or siblings. These people are chosen by the groom and bride themselves and are considered an honor to be selected. Then there is you could say a "principal" bridesmaid and groomsmen chosen.

The principal bridesmaid is called chief bridesmaid or maid of honor (if not married) or matron of honor (if married). They are known for being there for the bride, especially on her wedding day. She accompanies the bride and helps her make certain big decisions that the bride mus make like choosing her wedding dress...etc. She also helps the bride coordinate the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsen throught the wedding. She will also help the bride get ready for her honeymoon after the wedding.

Then there is the best man chosen by the groom himself. The best man is ther like I said to plan the bachelor party and sometimes help the groom plan for his honeymoon. After the wedding itself, the best man is in charge of returning the tuxedoes and sometimes even be their personal chauffer to drive them to the airport after the wedding if there are no other plans for the newly wed couple for their honeymoon.

As I see and have attended many different weddings throughout my life I just really adore weddings. All the happy tears, love and joy that I feel from everyone trying to celebrate the marriage. But one thing that has always caught my eye was the bond that you see between either the groom and his best man as well as the bride and her maid of honor. And, me being me, and having siblings envision that one of my two sisters or even both (who knows) would choose me to be in their bridesmaid. I know that I would be so honored and feel so special to be that person. But if not I should at least be in the wedding I am their sister after all!!!

Sources :
http://mtv.mihomepaper.com/news/2013-01-03/Living/Roles_of_the_best_man_maid_of_honor.html


2 comments:

  1. This blog post is extremely satisfying, Alaya. I can not believe you know so much about marriage and the entire process. You will definitely not have this many problems if you end up getting married because you already know what to do! Anyway I hope you have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Yes I have had many encounters with people's weddings. I remember that I had to help out with planning my aunt's and uncle's wedding. I have helped out with making, creating certain things for family firend's weddings and watch a lot of "wedding shows". Throughout all that, I really have been able to observe the wedding process and what couples have to go through.

      Delete